"Competent Industry Leaders"
The Firm is managed by equally competent people who are restless and dedicated to providing the best service and nurturing positive relationship externally and internally.
Donnies is the Founder, Chairman, and Chief Executive Officer of Alas, Oplas, & Co., CPAs. He has surged through the accountancy profession not just by being a competent Certified Public Accountant in the Philippines, but also by being a successful and respected businessman in the country. His thirty years of professional experience in various corporate industries and reputable firms, and expertise in the field of accounting, audit, finance, tax, and business management affairs led to the triumph of his Firm.
Alas, Oplas, & Co., CPAs, an affiliate of RSM International, the sixth largest network of independent accounting and consulting firms worldwide, outstandingly found its way into becoming one of the forefront providers of audit and assurance service in the market today.
In 2011, Mr. Alas unveiled yet another business venture–Alas Oplas Alliance Firm–a multi-faceted group of companies committed to delivering and exceeding service expectations in the fields of audit and assurance, tax advisory, accounting, internal audit and risk management, and consulting, leading a team of experts and professionals in the business services industry.
A dedicated leader with an unwavering thirst for excellence and education, Mr. Alas actively participates in numerous conventions, conferences, seminars, trainings, and special studies both in the Philippines and abroad. He is also a sought after guest speaker and lecturer.
Aside from his remarkable credentials in the field and his active participation in several professional and socio–civic organizations, he is widely known for his opulent generosity and deep religiosity–attesting to how a versatile and well-balanced man he has always been. Amidst his busy schedule, he finds time to relax through his other passion–Golf. An avid and skilled golfer, he has membership with Tagaytay Highlands Golf and Country Club, Orchard Golf and Country Club, Riviera Golf Club, and Eagle Ridge Golf and Country Club.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School of Business.
- Current Director for Publications, Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice (ACPAPP)
- Current Vice President for Professional Development, Philippine Association of Management Accountants (PAMA)
- Current Board Director, Auditing and Assurance Standards Council
- Member, Ethics Committee, Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Member, Tax Committee, Geographical Areas, Regions, Chapter and Affiliates (GARCA)
- Member, European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ECCP)
- Current Assistant Governor, Rotary Club of Makati District 3830, 2011-2012
- Past Chairman, Rotary Club of Makati District 3830
- Past District Treasurer, Rotary Club of Makati District 3830
- Past Board Member, Rotary Club of Makati District 3830